Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sighing: All I wanna do is import my posts

The number 1 reason for this blog: To STOP clustering the vanity blog.

So I spent the whole morning looking for ways to import the posts from one blogger to another and there's none.

I've even subscribed to the blogger forum and some smartass said, "Oh, just copy the text from source post to destination post."

Well, that is not importing to me. That is just that; copy and paste.
You will lose your comments and timestamp, you blistering 1d10t.

But in the process I found the great war of blog space and tons of howto and tools for migrating from blogger to wordpress.
[This seems like a great how to: http://www.blogherald.com/2007/12/14/blogger-sucks-wanna-move-to-wordpress/]

I've never been impressed with wordpress even though I do not have an account with them. I wasn't even too impressed with blogger initially but for the lesser of the 2 evils, I've chosen blogger.

I refuse to host my own blog as of now because I don't want the hassle.

Now Google, do something about this already.
Make it easier to split blogs. Import posts... I am sticking with you for now.

There are some helps and news out there for blogger:

1. BloggerInDraft: Drafted features.
2. Best practices when moving site by Google Webmaster
3. RSS feed to Facebook from tech-recipes.
4. Blogger FAQ blog (unofficial)
5. Customising your blog with Blogger University
6. Googleblog ; eer this is my space... if my scatterbrain wanna put this in, so be it.

Totally unrelated; Google to have their own social networking tool ala Facebook?

No comments: