Friday, December 5, 2008

You can be really nasty in academics and no one will stop you

That's what I think.

I have some of the nastiest professors and they just get away with it. Knowledge is really something, isn't it?

1. Prof Mint
"Hello class? Wah lau eh! Interactive lah? Only me talking, very boring wei."
*puts up all the stupid emails he received on powerpoint and presents it in lecture* "You asked me what is the best research topic to choose? Hey, you're the one doing it, not me."
"Anyone here? All sleeping? Haiz...."

2. Prof Elvis
"Well, if you want to know more, I can prove the whole equation here" *walks to the projector* "On second thoughts, it really ain't that interesting, I think I will skip this" *walks back to his notebook*

3. Prof Gerald
"You traverse through all the objects in your near child node, and recurse, recurse, recurse till you find a hit. Else, go to far child node and recurse, recurse, recurse" *flip his waist length hair*


3. Prof H
Professor H is by far the most mild of the lot. However, when I asked him about my assignment, he gave me the look like I was the kind of kid who used to bully him in school. Maybe I am. Mua ha ha.

Prof Sore Throat

"Hello?"
"Yello"
"Are you having a sore throat?" *I have the worst thought in the world. I was thinking that he might be waiting for a phone call from his office affair and wanted to to surprise her with a kewl voice*
"Why? Do I sound like I am having a sore throat?"
"Errr. Yes" *A no will suffice*


"What's a MAE prof doing chairing a computer graphics conference?"
"I get asked that a lot. It really is very strange, isn't it? I've been an active member since... since before you were even born!"

"I am really excited to attend this conference. I checked the speakers and some of them are the godfathers of computer graphics."
"There are a lot of computer graphics godfather here. Like this and that. Oh and you really have to attend this conference. And the fast forward. It is the pitch of their technical papers. And very funny."

"Somehow I think in academic, you get away with speaking your mind."
"Haha. Somewhat. This is still Singapore after all. But really, why would you say anything otherwise?"

"You should go for the reception. Let me check if students are invited for the reception. Hehe. I have people I can call that will tell me these things *gleeful*. Ok. Please attend the reception. I hope you get to mingle and meet people there."

I think... he is trying to say, network. Of course, Prof! I will!!!! You guys are too cool!

No comments: