Monday, December 8, 2008

Money is the root of all evil

He: I am going broke. You know why, don't you?
Me: Yes.
He: Do you know how much you owe me?
Me: Err... 9k?
He: 11k. Do you have a financial plan?
Me: ... I am getting a few thousand soon. I can pay you 3k? As long as you feed me. Because I really don't have much.
He: I don't mean that. Just what about the ongoing? Do you have a plan?
Me: ...
He: Gosh. Now you're like the US govt. Even after you pay me the lump sum with your bonuses, can you afford the ongoing rent?
Me: ...
He: Can you not be such an airhead?
Me: But I am such an airhead.
He: You have to start planning your finances.
Me: I took a pay cut when I joined this company. That was the rent. They promised to give it back in 3 months but they didn't. I'll bet you didn't know that.
He: ...
Me: Let's see how it all goes. I can pay you back that sum with my bonus. Definitely! And then I will see how I can deal with the monthly part.
He: You better. Don't let it pile up.


I am officially broke and up to my neck in debts.

No comments: